Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Julie's Birthday Experience







A celebration of birth. How does one celebrate? Sometimes sweet things and sometimes gifts, this year I chose an experience. We piled into the van and headed for the Ecergreen Aviation Museum, home of the "Spruce Goose". President Dieter F. Uchtdorf talked about the three legged stool and I was thankful the heater worked. At the museum I had my doubts about all of us enjoying ourselves, but my doubts were unfounded. The boys drank it up. We met Barney, an oldder volunteer, Darian and him struck a friendship right off. Barney had flown the B-17 in three different wars. Darian loved asking questions. Wade liked investigating the gunners stations. We were able to board the B-17, seeing the radio controls and the cock pit. The Spruce Goose was awesome, amazing to see its workings and how it was built. Of course we had to see the F-15 too. Ellie did very well, considering. We had a very plesant morning ending with a lunch at the Aviation Cafe. I wonder what we will do next year.



3 comments:

Midodi said...

Happy Birthday! I would have my doubts too about enjoying the aviation museam (we went once) But it seems like you had a wonderful time. Barney probably made it.

Lakeside said...

Happy Birthday my dear little one. Love and kisses from central CA.

Unknown said...

I like experience birthdays.