Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Game



We did it. We went to a game. It was college women's basketball. The last game of the season. I suppose the reason was cub scouts. Some requirement about attending a live sporting event. So we went, all five of us. Elowyn was transfixed by the specticle. I thought Wade was board by the way he was wiggling all over his chair and his mother's chair, but that was just tired excitement. He was voting for the underdogs because their cheerleaders had more modest outfits (his words) Darian was going for the home team that was in the lead that most people were cheering for. Julie was against the agressive nature of the home team in contrast to the visitors skill and teamwork, so she was rooting with Wade. I agreed with Julie. I had to explain the rules for the first few minutes, but after that the boys only occasionally asked what happens when the referies or the mascotts get the ball. Home team won.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

fun. interesting reasons for the rooting. mk and I aways root for the underdog- more it more interesting I guess.

Midodi said...

I agree. Fascinating reasons for a choice.

Chu said...

How fun! By the way, where did you get your Maine Coon cat? I keep asking Anthon, and he says to me, "I don't know--just ask them." So here I am.

Juli

Julie said...

The cat was a rescue from the Santa Clara humane society. A fuzzy little kitten with diarrhea who needed a home. We had no idea he would grow to such dimensions.

Melinda said...

Sounds like a ton of fun.