Thursday, September 10, 2009

A viable question


As I was waiting for the bus with the boys, I was being read to about sharks and all of the marvelous things sharks do. Out of the blue came a question that took me back for a moment, "Mama how many tons are you?" After collecting my wits I smiled and answered, "none", and then I received an explanation or was it a dissertation on why they thought I was not a ton. It was a good question. One needs to understand in relation to what one knows. There are so many measurements out there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ha good one

Midodi said...

That's one of those where you wonder, "should I be offended by this questions?" smiles.

ky+i=vy said...

hehe . . . what inquisitive little minds you have there . . . it makes sense - if a shark is weighed in tons, why arent we?

Isa said...

It's all about PERSPECTIVE! When Benji was at our house, he was hiding under the table at which I was sitting and kept saying..."I'm under the fat one, you'll never find me!" He kept repeating this until I finally realized I was the only one he could be under -the FAT one!